EEO PUBLIC FILE REPORT
This Report covers full-time vacancy recruitment data for the period: May 23, 2011 – May 22, 2012.
1) Employment Unit: Sovereign Communications, LLC – Sault Ste. Marie
2) Unit Members (Stations and Communities of License): WKNW(AM), Sault Ste. Marie, MI
WMKD(FM), Pickford, MI
WNBY(AM), Newberry, MI
WNBY-FM, Newberry, MI
WSOO(AM), Sault Ste. Marie, MI
WSUE(FM), Sault Ste. Marie, MI
WYSS(FM), Sault Ste. Marie, MI
3) EEO Contact Information for Employment Unit:
Sovereign Communications, LLC
PO Box 1230
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Tom Ewing/General Manager
4) Full-Time Job Vacancies Filled by Each Station in the Employment Unit: NONE
5) Total # of Interviewees Referred: For the period from May 23, 2011 through May 22, 2012, this Employment Unit interviewed 0 interviewees for full-time job vacancies.
6) Supplemental Recruitment Initiatives.
(a) Initiative: Internship Program
The Employment Unit conducts an internship program for high school and college students. The program allows interns to gain firsthand knowledge of the functions of a radio station and exposure to the skills necessary for employment in the broadcast industry as they make their career selections. During the reporting period, the Employment Unit hosted one intern. The intern was introduced to various broadcasting job skills and responsibilities by the Operations Manager of the Employment Unit.
(b) Initiative: LSSU Fall Career Fair
The VP/General Manager of the Employment Unit, who has substantial responsibility in the making of hiring decisions, attended a job fair at Lake Superior State University on October 5, 2011. The VP/GM staffed a table at LSSU’s Walker Cisler Center and provided information about careers in radio and accepted applications from prospective employees.
(c ) Initiative: Sault Area Job Fair
The VP/General Manager of the Employment Unit, who has substantial responsibility in the making of hiring decisions, attended the Sault Area Job Fair held April 24, 2012 at the Sault Area High School Library. The VP/GM staffed a table and provided information about careers in radio and accepted applications from prospective employees.